New Year, New Me

Yeah, right.

I know what you're thinking - every year I decide to diet, and yet every year I end up telling myself that I'm not fat, just short for my weight, or that the gravity on this planet is too strong, or that it doesn't matter as long as I am healthy and happy.

The problem is that it does matter, and I'm not healthy, or happy (at least not with my weight), and so I'm going public with my dieting. I need all the help I can get, and shame helps. Here goes on the first weigh in...

As of 1st January 2011 I weighed 92 kilogrammes. (I'm doing this in kilogrammes to remove at least some of the shame - all my British friends will be asking "What's that in stones?" and all my American friends will be asking "What's that in pounds?" Look it up, people. I'm not prepared to tell you.)

I'm giving up cakes and chocolate (until Easter) and doing lots of exercise every day. I'm doing well already - the Wii Fit tells me that although I was obese on 1st January, only three days later I'm merely overweight. So there's the encouragement I need right up front.

Wish me luck! And next week, I'll tell you how to sponsor me, and what I'm raising the money for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Things I wish I'd known about Electric Cars before I bought one

The Importance of Reviews - and Chocolate

I Wore a Skirt to Church on Sunday