Sponsor Me

Over the last couple of weeks I mentioned that I was undertaking a sponsored slim for charity. Looking at my "before" photo I'm sure you can see why - I was "obese" according to our Wii Fit on 1st January.

The charities I am supporting are described in my last two posts (scroll down) and so now it's time for me to tell you how to sponsor me.



Please pledge a certain amount per kilogramme of weight I lose between 1st January (when I weighed 92kg) and 1st July. I am aiming to lose a total of 20kg but no more, so if you sponsor me £1 or $1 per kilogramme, the most you will owe me is £20 or $20, and quite possibly less if I don't do well.

I know the temptation is always there to say "£5 the lot", but that really doesn't help me. It means whether I lose 1kg or the full 20, I am guaranteed that money for the charities, so that gives me no incentive. I'd far rather, if you planned to part with £5, that you said "25p per kilogramme" and then, if I fail (pause to cross myself) to lose all the weight, take pity on me and round it up anyway.



Anyway, wherever you are in the world you can sponsor me, thanks to the wonders of Paypal. All you have to do is email me to let me know how much you're pledging. My email address (I know you're clever enough to decode it) is "anna [at] buttimore [dot] org [dot] uk".



Three weeks in I seem to be on track. I now weigh slightly less than 90kg, I am going to the gym three times a week (and it no longer hurts!) and haven't eaten any chocolate or doughnuts this year. The next couple of days will be a challenge, with a birthday curry tomorrow and LawCare lunch on Thursday, but then I'll put in extra hours at the gym to make up for it.



So please sponsor me! Help me to succeed, and help the wonderful charities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Things I wish I'd known about Electric Cars before I bought one

I Wore a Skirt to Church on Sunday

The Importance of Reviews - and Chocolate