Who Am I?

I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is Anna Buttimore. However, the name I write under is Anna Jones Buttimore, since my first two books were published in the name of Anna Jones and my publishers wanted to hang on to those readers. So now I have an "author identity", and that's quite useful - it helps me keep my personal and writerly endeavours separate.

I am soon going to be creating a new author identity, however. A book I am working on is going to be quite controversial. I hope it is going to help a lot of people, but it is also going to be challenging and upsetting to many. My co-author and I anticipate it causing quite a stir in certain circles, and there will be many people who will be extremely upset and angry at us. Some of those people could get somewhat vocal and may feel the need to confront us in unpleasant ways. As peace-loving folk, we're not too keen on that possibility.

We have therefore decided that this book will not be published under our own names, but using pseudonyms. We've already picked the names we will use and it's quite fun dreaming up a new identity and making plans to set up a new blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts for the sole purpose of anonymously promoting this book.

However, it is going to be difficult to publicise a book when I can't be "me". No book signings, no radio interviews, no badgering established readers and friends to buy it, not even talking publicly about the book. I'm probably going to self publish this book (it's the first time I'll have self published, but my usual publishers have said that they can't touch something so controversial) so publicity is even more important since it's only me (and my co-author) doing the promotional work.

Any and all ideas are welcome!

I have mentioned this particular book on here before, and on my Facebook page, but no more. I anticipate it being published around a year from now, so it's time for me to "go dark". This is the last time I will connect myself with what is shaping up to be quite an eye-opening and exciting story. But I hope you'll read it, enjoy it, think about it and maybe, just maybe, wonder whether I wrote it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eight Things I wish I'd known about Electric Cars before I bought one

I Wore a Skirt to Church on Sunday

The Importance of Reviews - and Chocolate